We’re receiving a large volume of orders right now, and unfortunately we’re also experiencing shipping delays due to covid-19. We expect all USA and Canadian orders to be received by the 25th of June . Thanks for your patience whilst our team work hard to process and dispatch all orders as quickly as possible.
ABOUT THE SHOTGUN KIDS MOUNTAIN BIKE SEAT:
- Front mounted child mountain bike seat for kids 2 – 5 years
- Full rubber protection (for alloy or carbon frames)
- Adjustable width and angle to fit all mountain bikes
- Quick release fitting for easy installation and removal
“I’ve tried a few seats and this is by far the best. Plus my daughter absolutely loves getting out on the trails with me. Easy to get on and off with no problems on my carbon frame. I highly recommend.” – Paul Greenwood, January 2019
The shotgun seat fits all mountain bikes. However it will not fit hybrid, road or electric bikes.
The shotgun seat is designed for kids 2 -5 years of age, and up to 48lb or 22kg.
WILL THE SHOTGUN SEAT FIT MY BIKE?
The shotgun seat is designed for kids 2 – 5 years old, and fits all mountain bikes – including bikes with steep, sloping or tapered top tubes. It’s even suitable for carbon frames.
Long story short, we’re yet to find a mountain bike the shotgun seat won’t fit – with the only exceptions being listed below:
THE SHOTGUN SEAT WILL NOT FIT:
- Electric bikes
- Road or gravel bikes (due to the lack of clearance between the front wheel and down tube)
- Cruiser or step-through bikes (due to the lack of clearance between the front wheel and down tube)
- Some older bikes (where the gear or brake cable runs along the top of the top tube, however cables that run elsewhere on the bike are fine)
ARE YOU SURE THE SHOTGUN SEAT WON’T FIT MY E-MTB?
The shotgun seat doesn’t fit e-mtb’s because of the variance between the top tube and the down tube being too great. We have had a handful of customers who have modified their shotgun seat to fit their e-mtb, but that’s not something we can recommend.
CAN I USE THE SHOTGUN SEAT ON MY CARBON FRAME?
Yes, we have thousands of customers around the world using the shotgun seat on high-end carbon mountain bikes. The clamping force of the shotgun seat is minimal thanks to the load being shared across 5 points of contact, with each point having moulded rubber frame protection.
WILL THE SHOTGUN SEAT DAMAGE OR SCRATCH MY BIKE?
The shotgun seat contacts the frame in 5 places, with each one of these locations has full rubber-moulded frame protection. Sharing the load across these locations helps to minimise the clamping force required, and the rubber protection means your frame is safe from damage or scratching.